ASWA has conducted its flagship, unique and one-of-a-kind SWAA (Sex Workers Academy for Africa) project since 2014 reaching over 429 sex workers from over 33 different African countries leading to the formation of 54 sex worker-led organizations by SWAA Alumni. Additionally, through NSWP, ASWA has provided small grants to the 33 countries that have attended the academies to implement their national advocacy plan. Through the academy, sex workers are trained to advocate for improved quality of services. Thus, we have seen countries like Uganda -Lady Mermaid Empowerment Center started Uganda’s first sex worker-led clinics due to the knowledge from the academy.
- ASWA STRONGLY condemns Ghana Anti-LGBTI draft bill for it undermines the rights and health of LGBTI+ sex workers in Ghana
- Sex Workers in Africa mark the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
- Sex Workers living positively in Zimbabwe celebrate the triumph of savings
- ASWA hosted the International Conference on Aids and STIs in Africa (ICASA 2021) Sex Workers Networking Zone
- Sex workers in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) demand a fair trial