Sex Workers Murder Monitoring Tool
ASWA has developed a sex workers’ murder monitoring tool for mapping murders and other violence cases against sex workers in Africa.The Sex Workers’ Murder Monitoring Tool was initiated in order to systematically monitor, collect and analyse reports of murders (homicides) and violence against sex workers in our continent.
There is lack of sufficient, consolidated, verified and analysed data on a single report on violence against sex workers in Africa.Updates of the preliminary results will be published on our website two to three times a year.ASWA will be providing a special update of the Sex Workers’ Murder Monitoring results during the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers on 17 December of every year so as to assist activists in Africa in raising public awareness of hate violence against sex workers in Africa.
The results will also be presented for a data-driven advocacy for policy shift, change of punitive laws, practices and enactments against sex work.
This advocacy tool can be accessed on ASWA’s website: https://aswaalliance.org/murder-monitoring-tool/
Mobile phone Application
The Sex Workers’ Murder Monitoring Tool can also be accessed on your mobile phones.
- Go to playstore, download USHAHIDI on your mobile phone.
- On the top left, click the 3 white bars, click ‘Add Deployment’ and type the following
- Click ‘SUBMIT SURVEY RESPONSE’
More notes here https://aswaalliance.org/murder-monitoring-tool-and-e-training-on-building-capacity-among-sex-workers-in-africa-to-respond-to-violence/
- 3rd Edition of Africa Leadership Sex Workers Academy (ALESWA) Kicks Off In Nairobi Kenya
- Sex workers’ asks and the origin of the International Women’s Day
- Sex Workers at the 67th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW67) in New York
- International Sex Workers Rights Day
- Zero Discrimination Day